Posted by - nynj-flooring
Posted by - nynj-flooring
Anyone who has shopped for hardwood floors in recent years can tell you, the options are nearly endless. Finding the best flooring for your room or your home can feel like a daunting task. One of the first things you should do when choosing hardwood flooring is determine whether you are looking for pre-finished (finished in a factory before install) or onsite finished flooring. While both flooring types have their pros and cons, most people ultimately opt against pre-finished floors for one of the three reasons that follow:
- Limitations on refinishing. While it is possible to refinish a pre-finished hardwood floor, you will find that there are limitations to this ability. These floors often start to become scratched and to lose their luster over time, and the factory finish is thick and very difficult to sand down for refinishing. Because of the depth to which you need to sand a prefinished floor, there is definitely a limit to how many times it can be refinished.
- Differences in style. If you are going for a unique or one of a kind appeal for your space, you will find that onsite finishing gives you many more options. Onsite finishing certainly makes it easier to match your existing flooring and gives you more choices for both your stain and your finish.
- Difficulty of repairs. Simply put, prefinished hardwood floors are much more difficult to repair than floors that are finished onsite. With onsite finishing, a hardwood flooring company can repair the damaged section, while with a prefinished floor, the entire floor must often be sanded and stained.
If you have decided that onsite finishing is the right option for your home’s floors, NYNJ Flooring has three popular alternatives to prefinished floors.
- Custom looking solid flooring: Having solid wood finished inside your home can be a great alternative. With this option, you can choose to match your existing flooring or to choose a unique stain that will help your home stand out.
- Laminate: Laminate is a great option if you are on a tight budget. It offers the look of wood while actually being comprised of a wood chip composite covered with resin-infused paper. It is very inexpensive, easy to install, and able to be placed in areas where moisture is a concern.
- Alternative materials: Alternative building materials like bamboo are very popular these days. Not only is bamboo environmentally friendly, but it is also highly attractive. While it is technically not a wood, but a grass, most hardwood flooring companies can install bamboo.
At NYNJ Flooring, we can work with you to help you understand everything you need to consider when choosing the best type of flooring for your home. We can objectively explain the pros and cons of all flooring types so that you can make a choice for your home that both suits your budget and looks fantastic. Don’t be put off by how many choices you have – at www.nynjflooring.com we can help you find and install your home’s perfect new flooring! Call us at (732) 768-0741 or (908) 433-6370.
Posted by - nynj-flooring
If you are looking for the hardwood flooring experts for New Jersey, New York, and Eastern Pennsylvania, look no further than NYNJ Flooring. We provide a vast array of services, including staining, sanding, restoration, refinishing, and installation. NYNJ Flooring is exceptionally dedicated to customer service, and you will find that we work with only the highest quality products while providing affordable pricing and a dependable crew that will do everything necessary to help you achieve that beautiful new living space you’ve been dreaming of! Whether you want to replace your existing floors or simply refinish them, we can help you get the job done.
Our Dust Free Guarantee
Our Dust Free Guarantee is one of the many things that help to set us apart from other companies located here in the Tri-State area. We know that dust and debris are part and parcel of the installation and refinishing process, and we cannot change this. What we can do, however, is make sure that this debris doesn’t have a negative effect on the job or your home. We will take steps throughout the project to help contain the dust and debris that is generated, reducing its ability to spread throughout the home so that when the job is done we can leave your home free and clear of dust.
We have found that one of the best ways to prevent excess dust and debris is to utilize special tools during the sanding process. We don’t wait until sanding is done to try to pick up any dust that has accumulated, as this would allow too many particles to make their way around your home. Instead, we cover all of your vents and furniture and utilize a special vacuum system during the sanding process.
At NYNJ Flooring, we believe that a job continues until you are not only satisfied with your beautiful new floors, but also with our cleanup work. We will schedule a final walk through of your home after any project so that you can let us know if there are any areas of concern that we should take care of. We make sure that you are completely comfortable before our team members leave your home. It’s our dust free guarantee and our promise to you. See more at www.nynjflooring.com.
Give Us a Call Today
At NYNJ Flooring, we would love the opportunity to work with you. You will find that we provide free estimates six days a week and that, should you choose to work with us, it typically only takes days, not weeks, before your project can begin. Give us the opportunity to show you how our excellent and affordable prices, our to notch customer service, and our superior products help set us apart from our competition.
Give the team at NYNJ Flooring a call at (732) 768-0741 or (908) 433-6370 in order to speak with one of our customer service experts about what you envision for your home. We have thousands of happy clients throughout the tri-state area and are proud to receive numerous customer referrals. We know that installing or refinishing a hardwood floor is a big decision and one that you can’t entrust to just anyone. If you are looking for the best job and a team you can trust, give NYNJ Flooring a call today!